LEND A HAND – BUILD STRONG COMMUNITIES!
Neighbors Helping Neighbors is a program of GTKYF Foundation Inc
When is the last time you heard of someone doing something helpful for a stranger and not asking for something in return?
What happened to the spirit of neighbors coming together to help neighbors?
When You participate in these events it is not only good for your soul, but it helps build community – strong communities – great places for families, farms and great food. In the old days communities would come together and build a barn, called a barn raising. These would be major community events, that involved all ages. Typically they shared a meal at these events, and served their neighbors needs.
Through this program we facilitate and participate whenever possible in these types of events – with preference given to projects that help these groups:
- Struggling Families
- The Disabled
- Community Food / Sustainable Gardening related projects
- Non- Profits and community building projects
- Natural Family Farmers
- Socio Economic challenged individuals and families
Here are some of the Ideas for Projects:
- Home / Property Repair –
- Plumbing Repairs
- Electrical Repairs
- Heating Repairs
- Doors/ windows
- Bathroom/ kitchen repair – rehab
- Additions to accommodate community living situations
- Construct Community Gardens –
- Accessibility projects for elderly and disabled
- Accessible bathrooms/ kitchens
- Auto repair/ Maintenance
- Sustainable Landscaping
- Storm clean up/ repairs
- Family farmer construction projects
- Family farmer farm labor assistance
- Off Grid system construction
- Tiny house construction
- Tiny house/ RV/ Mobile home repair and construction
- RV Repair
- Disaster Relief and Management
Labor will be provided by Volunteers, Members of our STEP Group, and Others in the LOCAL communities where the services are provided. Most tools will be provided by us, via the vehicles involved in our STEP Group, and those participating in the Just Us Riders. Materials are on a case by case basis, and dependent on the resources availible in the materials fund for this program. If you would like to Contribute to the material fund here, it would be greatly appreciated.
If you are interested in bringing this program to your local community please contact us. Thank You